L1® Users Forum    Bose L1® Musicians  Hop To Forum Categories  Instrument Forums  Hop To Forums  Vocals    TC Helicon Harmony G Sale
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TC Helicon Harmony G Sale
 Login/Join

Picture of playitforward
posted
Hi Folks,

I just picked up a TC Helicon Harmony G at ZZounds for $259.99 with gig bag. This is $40 below its normal price, and I have never seen it below $299. Hope to use it sparingly as a solo performer. Just thought I'd pass this sale info for the benefit of others in case they were considering this device.

Happy Holidays,

playitforward

Posts: 119 | Location: Central Coast, CA | Registered: Sun November 13 2005Reply With QuoteAsk Bose for help
posted Hide Post
got one..... love it. use it lots

thanks for heads up... go the harmony G too

Posts: 155 | Registered: Sun September 16 2007Reply With QuoteAsk Bose for help
Picture of BBB
posted Hide Post
Hi folks. I am looking at adding a TC Helicon to my BOSE rig(L1 Model II 1xB1 and T1. Since I sometimes play a Roland E60 keyboard and my acoustic guitar do you have any suggestions? I know the Harmony M works with keys on a midi basis and the Harmony G works with guitar chords. That means 2 different boxes. Or would Vocalist Live cover both bases? Anybody doing solo act using this technology? How would I connect to my T1? Cheers,Brian

LI Model II
T1 B1
L1 Compact

Posts: 123 | Location: Canada | Registered: Tue September 16 2008Reply With QuoteAsk Bose for help
Picture of Todd Cole
posted Hide Post
Hi Brian
I am new to the L1 also. I use a laptop as a sequencer and midi backing tracks and send harmony info to a tc helicon voiceworks rack unit and on one midi channel that works great for me. Its just a matter of programing the info to tell the unit what and when to do. And it works well with my set up. I play guitar and use midi backing tracks. I'm not sure if this helps you any or not. If I can answer any questions for you feel free to ask.

Hope this helps Todd

Posts: 34 | Location: Rising Sun , Maryland | Registered: Sat March 29 2008Reply With QuoteAsk Bose for help
posted Hide Post
you HAVE to check out the NEW TC-Helicon VOICELIVE 2... it can do ' 8 ' part choir effects... TONS OF FEATURES.... does BOTH guitar and keyboard hosting. Theres a woman on their site doing a single voice that turns into a choir. ITS INSANE... and the 'cher' effect.... im already sold... i may sell my harmony M and G...

Posts: 155 | Registered: Sun September 16 2007Reply With QuoteAsk Bose for help
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrianBeveridge:
Hi folks. I am looking at adding a TC Helicon to my BOSE rig(L1 Model II 1xB1 and T1. Since I sometimes play a Roland E60 keyboard and my acoustic guitar do you have any suggestions? I know the Harmony M works with keys on a midi basis and the Harmony G works with guitar chords. That means 2 different boxes. Or would Vocalist Live cover both bases? Anybody doing solo act using this technology? How would I connect to my T1? Cheers,Brian

Posts: 2 | Registered: Thu May 28 2009Reply With QuoteAsk Bose for help
posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried using the TC Helicon Harmony G on a keyboard? I have a complex midi setup already. So, the Harmony M would require a lot of onstage tweaking. Trying to buy only one unit

Posts: 2 | Registered: Thu May 28 2009Reply With QuoteAsk Bose for help
Picture of Todd Cole
posted Hide Post
Hi Brian C

If you already are using a midi setup I would go with the TC Helicon Voice works rack unit. You can have one midi channel just for your harmonys. And it wouldnt matter what instrument you are playing once you have that infor.going to your unit.

Just a thought Todd

Posts: 34 | Location: Rising Sun , Maryland | Registered: Sat March 29 2008Reply With QuoteAsk Bose for help
posted Hide Post
Hello. I have a harmony G also and was curious to see if people were plugging both left and right (stereo) to their Bose.
Does this make or not make a difference?
Mark

Posts: 3 | Registered: Mon January 22 2007Reply With QuoteAsk Bose for help
Picture of JFd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Markendorf:
Hello. I have a harmony G also and was curious to see if people were plugging both left and right (stereo) to their Bose.
Does this make or not make a difference?
Mark

Bonjour Mark,

If I understand it correctly, the Harmony G doesn't have stereo output. It has a Mono out plus a Dry out.

If you use only the Mono out, you get a signal containing your voice plus the effects/harmonies, balanced automatically if the Harmony knob is at the Auto detent position.

If you add a cable to the Right (Dry) Out connector, then you get the Dry voice on the right and the effects on the left. This way you or a sound person can adjust the balance on the fly as you want it.

Personally I use the Left Mono "mixed" signal into T1 input 1 since I am satisfied with the sound of the Harmony G's auto balance.

I hope this helps.

Posts: 142 | Location: Montréal, Québec | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteAsk Bose for help
Picture of playitforward
posted Hide Post
Hi JFd,

I also use the Harmony G, and wanted to clarify something ....

quote:
If you use only the Mono out, you get a signal containing your voice plus the effects/harmonies, balanced automatically if the Harmony knob is at the Auto detent position.

Did you mean "Guitar knob", rather than "Harmony knob"? My experience and understanding is that the Guitar Mix knob has an auto detent position that automatically balances guitar volume and voice when your guitar is routed to the Harmony G's main output. I do not use that feature. I use the Guitar Thru jack, as I like to control this volume mix myself.

The Harmony and FX Knobs contol harmony and fx levels, but they do not have any auto detent positions, and do not have any auto balancing feature. Is this also your experience?

Posts: 119 | Location: Central Coast, CA | Registered: Sun November 13 2005Reply With QuoteAsk Bose for help
Picture of JFd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by playitforward:
Did you mean "Guitar knob", rather than "Harmony knob"? My experience and understanding is that the Guitar Mix knob has an auto detent position that automatically balances guitar volume and voice when your guitar is routed to the Harmony G's main output. I do not use that feature. I use the Guitar Thru jack, as I like to control this volume mix myself.

The Harmony and FX Knobs contol harmony and fx levels, but they do not have any auto detent positions, and do not have any auto balancing feature. Is this also your experience?

Bonjour Playitforward,

I didn't mean the Guitar knob. The Harmony knob also has a "detent" position, but, as you correctly pointed out and I erroneously reported, the Harmony knob doesn't have the automatic mix. The "detent" position is probably just a 50/50 mix of dry voice and harmony. That position is one I find works well for me. You are correct in stating that the auto-mix is just when one uses the mixed guitar/voice/harmony signal and the Guitar knob is set to the "detent" position.

I also use the Guitar Through jack because I further process the guitar signal after the Harmony G:

- Acoustic guitar with pick-up + pre-amp (Taylor 310CE): 1/4" jack (unbalanced) goes into
- TC Helicon Harmony G (voice harmonizer, all guitar effects turned off) guitar through signal jack out goes into
- Boss ME-20 multi-effects pedal: mono jack out goes into
- Boss RC-50 Loop Station: mono jack out goes into
- Bose T1 input #2, with Taylor dreadnought preset.

The Harmony G Mono out goes into T1 Input #1.

All this being said, and to come back to Mark's question, I believe there would not be much benefit to using up a second T1 input to mix the "dry voice" and "harmonies" if one can control the mix easily on the Harmony G.

Thanks for correcting me!

Posts: 142 | Location: Montréal, Québec | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteAsk Bose for help
Picture of playitforward
posted Hide Post
Hi JFd,

quote:
Thanks for correcting me!

Well actually I never know what I might have missed on some of this equipment, so I definitely wanted to confirm with you on that point, just in case!

Our acoustic set ups are pretty similar. There are times when I wish I had the RC50. Have been using the Digitech Jamman for years for live looping, and am quite happy with it though.

- acoustic guitar into Harmony G
- HG into D-Tar Mama Bear preamp
- MB into Jamman
- JM into T1 channel 1

Keep on pickin'