L1® Users Forum    Bose L1® Musicians  Hop To Forum Categories  Community Events  Hop To Forums  2007 Fall Rocky Mountain Conference    Video: Clifford Henricksen - Identifying Spectral Excess in Musical Sounds
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Video: Clifford Henricksen - Identifying Spectral Excess in Musical Sounds
 Login/Join

Picture of ST
posted
Here is video of Cliff's presentation.

Identifying Spectral Excess in Musical Sounds

-- == Click the picture to see the video page in the wiki ==--

Get out the headphones for this one.

Then check out
Spectral Identification. Another page in the wiki that has written notes and some sound clips to help you identify some of the key terms Cliff uses in the video.

Posts: 39036 | Location: Canada (Vancouver) | Registered: Sat June 12 2004Reply With QuoteAsk Bose for help
Picture of Starvin
posted Hide Post
Another great tool ST.
Thanks for making it so easily accessible. I’ve got this on “my favorites” for quick reference.

What a great tutorial Cliff.
Thanks guys
Rick

Posts: 764 | Location: Lafontaine, ON, Canada | Registered: Thu April 13 2006Reply With QuoteAsk Bose for help
Picture of Col. Cliff-at-Bose
posted Hide Post
I watched and listened to a bit of this (first experience for me!) and although it's obvious that the camera-mic is on a mighty AGC processor (background noise swoops up heavily between phrases), it's amazing how much of this presentation gets through to the listener. You can actually hear a lot of the spectral differences. Also, I think the camera was in the back of the room so it's pretty impressive how the L1 sounds so close.

I'm listening on Bose TriPorts, very normal-sounding. Some phones (my Sony's) are much brighter, so be careful. Actaully it's the differences that matter, so from this standpoint it doesn't matter. I wish we had recorded right off the L1, in mono. Nevertheless, this is probably pretty useful.

Thanks ST.

Posts: 1294 | Location: Framingham MA USA | Registered: Thu October 16 2003Reply With QuoteAsk Bose for help