L1® Users Forum    Bose L1® Musicians  Hop To Forum Categories  General Forums  Hop To Forums  L1® Family of Products    Mic Feedback- Compact and TC Helicon voicelive 2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mic Feedback- Compact and TC Helicon voicelive 2
 Login/Join

posted
I am using a shure sm58 mic connected to a voicelive 2 harmonizer which is then routed to the compact. I have the vol. set on the compact around 11:00 and the vol on the harmonizer is set at 0...mic feedback is constant. If I turn the vol down any further, then the music is louder than the mic...Someone recommended a DBX AFS 224 Feedback reducer. Others said to get a Bose tone match mixer. Any suggestions before i commit to additonal expense...thanks...jim

Posts: 35 | Registered: Sun October 24 2010Reply With QuoteAsk Bose for help
Picture of Tom the Guitar Guy
posted Hide Post
Hi Jimmie,

I'd have to venture that there is something in the settings on the VoiceLive 2 as far as input/output being too high - either the mic input or VL2 output.

While I don't have a VL2, I do use the TC Helicon Harmonizer G-XT and occasionally a VoiceLive Touch. I know that the TC Helicon and Compact are a good combo - even without the T1.

I'm assuming you've tried different placement of the mic / Compact.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Quilter MicroPro200 1x10
Quilter Aviator Ultralight 8

www.TomTheGuitarGuy.com
www.TomcatsBand.com

Posts: 343 | Location: SoCal | Registered: Wed February 08 2012Reply With QuoteAsk Bose for help
Picture of Kova
posted Hide Post
Hi Jim,

This is an easy fix. Back the volume off the harmonizer from "0" to "-2" or "-3". Back it off even more if need be. I have the TC Helicon GX-T and it's IMPOSSIBLE to use with the volume on the pedal set at "0" or as I call it 12 o'clock. It feeds back like crazy. The volume on my pedal is set at 10 o'clock or "-2" depending what you want to call it. From there you can still control how wet or dry you want the effect to be because that's a separate adjustment. You don't need to buy any extra gear like a feedback reducer. Totally unnecessary. Have fun! It's a great pedal.

Posts: 198 | Location: San Diego, Ca | Registered: Sun October 05 2008Reply With QuoteAsk Bose for help
posted Hide Post
Thanks...will give it a try...

Posts: 35 | Registered: Sun October 24 2010Reply With QuoteAsk Bose for help
Picture of Tom the Guitar Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmiez:
Thanks...will give it a try...

Also try lowering the FX level as well too - that will give you more headroom (gain before feedback)

Hope that helps.

Tom

Quilter MicroPro200 1x10
Quilter Aviator Ultralight 8

www.TomTheGuitarGuy.com
www.TomcatsBand.com

Posts: 343 | Location: SoCal | Registered: Wed February 08 2012Reply With QuoteAsk Bose for help
posted Hide Post
make sure that you have the guitar and the aux inputs set to off. not 0. off.

AKA John O'Neil
Lead Vocals/R. Guitar for nine 8 central
PRS CE-24
PRS Series EG2
PRS Mira
Carvin AC275
Ovation Custom Balladeer 1612
Digitech RP1000
TC Helicon VoiceLive 2
Blue enCore 300 Condenser Mic

Posts: 436 | Location: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Thu June 17 2010Reply With QuoteAsk Bose for help